24 October 2021

[20mm] Airborne Jeep with German & British Crew

As some of you may be aware, my good friend Curt of analogue-hobbies.blogspot.com fame and I have a miniature exchange ongoing. Not sure for how long but by now a fair few figures have crossed the Atlantic either way to find residence on another continent. For this years figure I was at first at a loss as what to paint, when Curt made a fleeting remark about wanting to do a force for OP Market Garden at some point. And there it was my inspiration. 

Picture taken from https://europeremembers.com
As not long before I had come across the above picture showing British Paratroopers taken into captivity by German soldiers, the driver is SS while the two others are from the Kriegsmarine, in a captured Jeep. There is a whole series of pictures out there showing the very same vehicle and it's occupants. I somehow felt the urgent need to re-create the picture and luckily enough AB Figures offere a few in their German and British ranges that, while not perfect, would do the job well enough.




I also decided to paint up a British Driver so that Curt could also use the Jeep together with his, as of yet non-existent, Paratroopers. Come on laddy, get yer finger out ;-)


Six figures and a vehicleadd another 39 points to my total for this year, so I'm currently at 959 points. Hopefully I manage to score a few more before this years Painting Challenge begins and thus I'll have to reset my score.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous painting on this awesome historical vignette. US-made Jeep, driven by Germans with British Airborne "passengers." Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning stuff once again Nick, just amazing.
    And of course AB would have all sorts of "just standing/sitting around" sculpts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning brush work!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Your works inspire 8)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's fantastic work ... simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year late isn't too bad, is it? ;) I was working on basing our most recent 'prisoner exchange' and it occurred to me that you would have posted something on our past one as well. I can attest that these are absolutely stunning paintjobs. Thank you so much my friend. I look forward to our next one.

    ReplyDelete