27 September 2020

Panzervernichtungstrupp

Following a (not so) recent discussion over on the TooFatLardies forum I felt the urgent need for a full Panzervernichtungstrupp/ Tank Hunter Squad. The miniatures on offer didn't really float my boat, so I reverted back to scratch building using different bits from Warlord Games range of plastic WWII miniatures and metal Panzerschrecks from Heer46.


Somehow I doubt I'll ever field all three of the teams but still it was an interesting and admittedly satisfying experience to go out of my comfort zone and actually convert figures to give me the results I was after. 







For those interested I took a few shots of the scratch building process. As you can see it was more a question of mix and match and a little careful cutting with a  hobby knife than it was sculpting completely new parts. Being able to buy Panzerschrecks commercially insted of having to completely scratch build them also helped immensely. Had I to build mine from scratch like master scratch builder John Bond did I think I would have lost my will to live. 




Till next time!
 

18 comments:

  1. A splendid build and wonderful paint work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely conversions and splendid painting as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work once again - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great conversions, and superb paint work (as usual). Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely brushwork Nick. My only suggestion would be to add a few scuff marks on the launch tubes and hand guards of the 'schreks. In the archival photos I've seen they often seem quite battered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures, Nick. Very impressive conversion work and camo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely conversion work Nick...
    And as always beautifully painted.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, and the level of detail on the camo is incredible!

    ReplyDelete