Montag, 31. Dezember 2012

Fall of the western Empire 6: Early Saxon Levies

I've been a bit lazy over the holidays so I didn't paint up that much but finally finished a group of saxon levies for SAGA/ Dux Britanniarum. Miniatures are all from Westwind Miniatures out of their great arthurian range and I've to say they were realy a joy to paint. The casting is crisp and the miniatures have a lot of details. Unfortunately Westwind doesn't seem too eager to promote them in a way that would do them justice. I also realy like the separate head system from westwind as it grants a lot of variations.









Some of the shields were painted by me while others are from LBM and Schildschmie.de. After having them finished I'm just woundering why I based 'em on round washers as I originally intened to use 20mm or 25mm squarbases but now it's to late. Sometimes I realy should think about what I'm doing befor starting to work .

Ok folks, I think this will be my last post for this year (surprise, surprise) so I wish ya all, and your families of course, a happy new year 2013! Thank you for your support and your kind comments over the past few months.

Cheers and keep on gaming!

Kommentare:

  1. Stunning work !!!

    Happy New Year!!!

    Best regards Michael

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. sehr geil! mir gefällt dein mal-stil außerordentlich gut. es ist wirklich sehr schön zu beobachten, welch tolle maler es für dark age in unserem hobby gibt :-)

    AntwortenLöschen