24 February 2020

Final Soviet Infantry Section... for now

Some of you might remember I've been slowly, very slowly indeed, building a Soviet force. Initially this was for use with the Operation Squad set of rules, later on for Bolt Action. In 2018 it's latest incarnation came in the form of a Tank Rider Platoon for use with Chain of Command. All of these various forces had one in common: They were never really playable. Well, until today! This last section of Tank Riders and accompanying PTRD AT-rifle give me a full Platoon of these hardy veterans.



As of yet I have no plans on expanding this force significantly, but who knows? The Eureka range of Soviet figures looks tasty albeit somewhat expensive. That said I'm not keen on all the figures wearing the "Telogreika" padded jacket. So I'm likely to wait for them to release infantry in summer dress. One thing is rather certain though, I will not continue with those Warlord plastics. First the Soviet Infantry is one of their oldest sets and it shows. Second they're a huge pain in the back to put together. And third they're just a tad too bulky for my liking nowadays.




I have some issues with my camera apparently as pictures turn out either too dark or too bright while looking OK on the camera itself. Maybe a factory reset is in order...
So, without further ado I wish you all a pleasant day and thanks for viewing!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful and impressive brushwork as alway, Nick. Love the gritting teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the best red army men I've seen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just magnificent Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb painting, but I agree the figures are sub-par. For Russians I have got some Crusader figures which are very nice, and was thinking of adding some Eureka to supplement them but only if they agree to supply the summer uniforms instead of randomly mixing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully painted... as always Nick.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking work as always Nick!! It will be interesting to see how they play out on the tabletop.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. The details you manage to paint ... even on their mouths ... cannot be underestimated. It makes the minis look fantastic overall.

    ReplyDelete