16 June 2019

La Prima Squadra del Fanteria Italiana

Ever since painting up a squad of Italian Infantry for friend Pat of Wargaming with Silver Whistle fame I knew I'd to paint me up my own Italian force for use with Chain of Command. But having had a particularly bad time painting the Perry Italians for Pat I decided to go with mainly Empress Miniatures for as much as possible. I'll throw in a Perry figure here and there but am aiming to keep their number as low as possible.



Today I'm not particularly in the mood for writing a lengthy post to accompany the figures. So I let them speak for themselves and will save the historical blurb for when I finish up another squadra.













Have a nice day and enjoy the summer!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful brushwork as always. Thanks for the tips - rather timely for me as I am starting to get back into Bolt Action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look just superb Nick!! It will be interesting to see how they work on the tabletop.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sublime work Nick, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking brushwork they all look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely detailed work, with or without gun straps.
    cheers John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work as always! Lovely mix of green and tan!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Empress sculpts combined with your standard of painting Nick is a win win. So many positive waves baby. Woof! woof, woof!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work on the dark clothes to give them so much contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo, Nick! Maybe somewhat short on words, but you're very long on talent. Bellissima!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Nick, always amazing brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are inspirational. So much so, I purchased a platoon of Empress Italians for Chain of Command. I love the colours you have used, can you tell us what you used for the green/blue colour?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nick, ok, follow up question: I purchased Setting the Scene, and in the book the sample figure doesn't come out nearly as 'blue' as some of the glamour shots, or your pics above. Is there something missing in the book or a different 'recipe' for the blue-green look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doug,
      no there's nothing missing from the book nor is there a different recipe. It's just a case of shoddy photography on my part. The Andrea colours will give you the slight blueish hint you see on the above figures. I's actually very close to the few original pieces I had access to.
      If there are any more questions just drop me a mail at moiterei[at]web[dot]de.

      Delete