05 August 2018

2nd Soviet Tank Rider Squad

Due to the ongoing heat wave in this part of Europe I've barely touched a brush over the last few weeks. It was only in the early hours when temperatures outside were down to a bearable 24°C (which didn't mean the flat has cooled down as much sadly), that I got in any painting time. Instead of finishing off the afore mentioned Italians I made best use of what little time I had before the heat struck again, and finished off a second squad of Soviet Tank Riders for Chain of Command.



Figures were Warlord Games plastics again and while they're a pain to put together they painted up nicely. I'm already looking forward to give them a run out some time in the future when I'm done with the third squad. I have enough painted bits and pieces lying around from an earlier take on that theatre to be able to field a few support options too. Just some rebasing and touch ups needed I hope.



However, I'm of course eyeing a few more support options for these lads. Rubicon has released some nice sets over the last few years and I might be tempted to add a T-34/76 with attached tank riders just for the look of it.



So, that's it for this time. I hope you all enjoy the summer as best as possible!

13 comments:

  1. My word, those are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a fantastic paint job on some meh! figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly painted as always! I hope the weather cools down for you soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sumptuously! Very accurately the character is shown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking soldiers ! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully painted figures you have here.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrat's ! Really impressive painting, wonderfull miniatures.
    Math

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work ... I'm a fan of how you use colors to great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work on these! A T-34 with the tank riders still on top or jumping of it would definitely be a great addition to the force!

    I can feel your pain with the heat wave. It's been the warmest year in recorded history here and frankly the weeks long 30C and higher is really getting tiresome. Luckily now it's fairly "cold" with just 23C during daytime so there is some respite. Maybe in a few weeks I can actually get back to painting without sweating like a pig from just lifting up a brush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely terrific work Nick! Love that LMG team.

    ReplyDelete