30 January 2015

My entry for the 'Myth' themed bonus round

The latest Bonus Round of this years Painting Challenge is in full swing. This time it's all about 'Myth'. To make sure you don't miss out on many fantastic interpretations of the topic make sure you head over and cast your votes. The poll is only open till sunday so no time for hesitation!
Curt has changed his way of publishing the submissions so now you can comment on each individual entry if you wish so.



Not very imaginative this round I went for the only slightly mythical figure I could find in my mountain of shame.

This Footsore Miniatures figure (former Musketeer Miniatures) is meant to represent a random druid but as I needed a mythological figure he was promoted to Merlin, probably the best known warlock of all times.


Next up some additions to my Blitzkrieg Germans so stay tuned!

18 comments:

  1. This was another miniature work of art! Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting. But he´s not the Merlin I imagine...looks like he had a hard night with some magical friends in the "Warlocks ´n Wines" Pub.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I really like this figure too and you did as expected a fantastic job on him and secured a vote from me!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! I like how you have been degraded layer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work, I painted one of these a few years ago it's a lovely figure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! And a nice choice of subject. At least personally I find the more realistic mythical subjects and historical characters much more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning piece. Excellently done !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid...fierce, bloody, but splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As already stated, a masterpiece unto itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite entries this round sir. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you went with a good choice, even if it was the only one available in your lead pile. The druids are a fascinating and historical theme, and you've done a wonderful job on the miniature. I'll head over to cast a vote in your favour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the composition of the light and brown colors - it works perfect! Perhaps the fur of the wulf could be more emphasized. Perhaps with a little bit white or something inthat way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice figure... is it a wolf? Could be a badger or large squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just goes to show that your talent is not confined to World War Two. This is a very fine piece, superbly painted. I really like the idea that Merlin is not a comical old man like in the old Disney film Sword in the Stone, but rather a terrifying and fearsome being. I confess, however, that the rotting head is quite creepy! Well done sir. A very fine Bonus entry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely paint work a lovely figure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely painting, very subtle shading.

    ReplyDelete